Help & FAQ
If your question isn’t answered here, please don’t hesitate to shoot us a message via our Contact Us page.
What is The Proud Atheist, anyway?
Please see our About Us page. That's why it's there, friend. Go, and learn.
- What kind of shirts do you use?
- Non-clearance Shirts
- Our designs are on premium, breathable shirts from Next Level Apparel and Bella & Canvas (depending on color) Super soft comfortable and form fitting. Washes and wears extremely well. Wow, I just learned a lot about shirts, didn't you? For more information, visit their site: http://www.nextlevelapparel.com/prod-24-1-28/.htm
- Plus Size Shirts (4XL and Up)
- Our plus size designs are printed on high quality Gildan 2000 Tees. Durable and Comfortable!
- Clearance Stock
- Our designs are screened onto District Concert Tees and Tultex Heather tees. Details: side-seamed, taped neck and shoulders with double-needle sleeve and bottom hem.
- Our shirts truly fit comfortably and have exceptional breathability. If you are concerned about sizing, please reference this chart, which this FAQ is currently engaged in displaying:
Small 14-14.5 34-36 28-30 31.5-32 Medium 15-15.5 38-40 32-34 32.5-33 Large 16-16.5 42-44 36-38 33.5-34 X-Large 17-17.5 46-48 40-42 34.5-35 XX-Large 18 – 18.5 50-52 44-46
- Non-clearance Womens (Note: Form Fitting, run smaller than basic tees)
- Womens: http://www.
- Non-clearance Plus Size
- Plus Size: http://www.mygildan.com/
X Small Small Medium Large X Large XX Large 3X Large Chest 32"-34" 35"-36" 37"-39" 40"-42" 43"-45" 46"-48" 49"-51" Waist 25"-27" 28"-30" 31"-33" 34"-36" 37"-39" 40"-42" 43"-45"
- Who designs your shirts? What if I have a good idea for a shirt?
- Our ideas come from arguments we have with each other, books we read, and Fox News segments we suffer through. The ideas are refined and allowed to steep for seven years in sealed vats thirty feet below sea level. Then, we use independent graphic artists to make the stick figures we’ve scribbled drunkenly on cocktail napkins something usable and pleasing to the eye. Our chief graphic artist is Steve Porter and he has a portfolio available here. Be sure to drop him a line if you like the designs you see at TPA. If you would like to submit a design concept of your own, please contact us on the Contact Us page.
- How long will it take my order to arrive?
- In order to keep shipping costs as low as possible, we use various USPS shipping services. For domestic orders (ie, orders destined for United States addresses), you can expect your delivery within 3-7 days after it has been shipped. For international orders, you can expect your delivery “within 6-10 business day's for many major markets, average number of days may vary based upon origin and destination” (quoted form USPS.com) after it has been shipped.
We need 1 day to package and ship your order, as long as it is in stock. If it isn’t, you will be notified immediately.
- How much is shipping?
- For domestic orders (ie, orders destined for United States addresses), shipping is only $5.50 for the first T-shirt and $8 for the first sweatshirt. Additional shirts add $.75 to $1.50 a piece depending on style.
For international orders, shipping is $14 for the first shirt and additional shirts are added at $1-$2.50 depending on style/weight. So, we recommend buying at least a few shirts at a time if you are an international customer as you will save substantially on shipping for each additional shirt you add to your order. We offer discounted shipping for bulk purchases. Please Contact Us directly for more information.
- Do you ship internationally?
- Yes! If our shopping cart system is not accepting your country during the checkout process, please Contact Us and we will rectify it immediately! Someone will be hurt for wronging you thusly, we swear it. Maybe not physically, but definitely psychologically.
- What is your return policy?
- Please don’t hesitate to return your shirt if it is not the shirt you ordered or if it arrived defective. As return instructions differ between domestic and international orders, please Contact Us and we will send you return instructions. All returns must be within 30 days from the date of purchase and item(s) must be unworn and unwashed. Please include the order number in your message to TPA.
- Does TPA have an affiliate program?
- Contact Us for information
- Do you donate to any non-profit organizations?
- Yes, TPA donates 10% of our net profits to RDFRS. There are many secular organizations doing great work and worth donating to. As we combed our bookshelves we found a name repeated over and over - a name that means the support of scientific education, critical thinking, and evidence-based understanding in the face of religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance, just plain bullpoop. That's why 10% of our profits goes straight to the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science.
- I didn’t receive an email confirming my order. What happened?
- Every order successfully submitted receives and automated confirmation email. If you didn’t receive one, please check your junk/spam folder. If you still don’t find anything, please Contact Us with your name and (if you have it) your order number. If nothing else, we will at least be able to tell you if your order has been properly received and if there are any pending charges to your credit card.
- Do shirts ever go on backorder?
- We (try to) keep all of our shirts in stock but sometimes we temporarily run out of a certain size of a design. If this happens, we will contact you immediately and give you an estimated time of arrival for your order. Backorders will ship within 7-10 business days of your order being placed.
- What name will appear on my credit/debit card bill?
- The business name will show as ‘The Proud Atheist’ on your credit card or debit card statement.
- Can I buy your shirts in bulk?
- for more details.